Kubecon Europe 2020: Service Mesh Workshop hosted by VMware
Service Mesh Workshop hosted by VMware
Date: Monday, March 30, 2020
Time: 9:00 – 15:00
Location: RAI Amsterdam
In the adoption of service mesh technologies, DevOps and SREs have found challenges in managing microservices deployed on multicloud while meeting enterprise and security requirements. Learn about service mesh technology and multi-cluster management approaches in this workshop.
During this workshop you will gain hands-on experience to understand how service mesh is changing the life cycle management cloud native applications.
- Deploy microservices on multiple availability zones/multi-cloud
- Experiment with business continuity, HA use cases with NSX Service Mesh
- Explore securing communications between microservices addressing security and compliance uses
This intermediate workshop is ideal for people piloting or evaluating open source service mesh technologies.
9:00 AM Breakfast and Check-in
9:15 AM to 10:00 AM Intro to Service Mesh Architecture
10:00 AM to 10:45 AM Multi-Cluster Container Management with Tanzu Mission Control
10:45 AM to 11:00 AM Break
11:00 to 11:45 AM Global Namespace and Service Mesh Use Cases
11:45 AM to 1:30 PM Lab and Lunch: Multi-cluster, Multicloud, Load Balancing Use Case
1:30 PM to 2:30 PM Lab: Business Continuity Use Case with Global Namespace
2:30 PM to 3:00 PM Microservices Policy Use Case and Closing
- Bring your own laptop with administrative privilege (so that you can install the CLI)
- Operational knowledge running Kubernetes in production preferred
- Knowledge of CLI and YAML helpful
- Pre-work: Read Service Mesh for Dummies
How to Register: Pre-registration is required. To register for Service Mesh Workshop, add it on during your KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registration.