vRealize Operations 6.7 – Upgrade Assessment Tool
vRealize Operations 6.7 introduces a New Analytics Engine which provides a predictive forecast by self-learning the behaviour of your environment. This approach of performance optimisation and capacity planning has resulted in a massive reduction of number of internal metrics which were generated with the previous version of vRealize Operations.
If you are currently leveraging the discontinued or the disabled metrics in your existing content such as reports, alerts, dashboards etc., the vRealize Operations Upgrade Assessment Tool can help you scan your content for these metrics and provide you recommended replacements in form of a pre-upgrade assessment report.
To install the Upgrade Assessment Tool, follow these steps:
- Download the Upgrade Assessment Tool available at https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?productId=735&downloadGroup=VROPS-670
- Log in to the master node vRealize Operations Manager Administrator interface of your cluster at https://master-node-FQDN-or-IP-address/admin.
- Click Software Update in the left panel
- Click Install a Software Update in the main panel.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to locate and install your PAK file.
- Install the Upgrade Assessment Tool.
- Wait for the software update to complete.
- Note: If a cluster fails and the status changes to offline during the installation process of a PAK file update then some nodes become unavailable. To fix this, you can access the Administrator interface and manually take the cluster offline and click Finish Installation to continue the installation process
- Navigate to the Support > Support Bundles tab.
- Download the light support bundle that was generated from the installation of the Upgrade Assessment Tool.
- In the downloaded support bundle, open the cluster_timestamp_nodeaddress/nodeaddress_timestamp_nodeaddress/apuat-data/report/index.html file.
- A list of all potentially impacted user content is displayed in the Impacted Components Summary page.
Note: Clicking an impacted metric will take you to the vRealize Operations 6.7 Discontinued/Disabled Content and Replacement Recommendations page which will display a replacement metric if applicable.
The content on this page is subject to change.